Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stress does cause problems


I've read that stress can cause JDM to increase/flare. Well, I am here to say that must be a very true statement. This weekend Madeline's sweet puppy, Lulu, had a toxic reaction due to something (we still have no idea what it was) she digested. Sunday morning I noticed Lulu was not acting right and shaking. I thought maybe she did not feel well, but then noticed her progressively getting worse. We brought her quickly to the vet emergency room. Boy, was she sick!
We left her there to be watched, flushed w/ fluids, etc. At 2 p.m., the vet called to let us know Lulu had coded and had to be placed on a vent. She did begin to breathe again on her own and her heart rate improved. We got to bring her home last night, but she has a long way to go. They do not suspect brain damage and I have no idea how they know that, but is good news.
Madeline has been understandably very upset. Her facial rash has looked very good until yesterday morning. She is more red than she has been in months. It has to be the stress. The comment she made that just broke my heart was....."Momma, why do bad things keep happening to me?".
Lulu HAS to get better.

No comments: