Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Poison is Working

Madeline is looking good. And when I mean good, I really mean fantastic. The skin on her chest is completely cleared. Just a few months ago, I was worried the scaly rash on her chest would scar her forever. Don't have to worry any longer - it's perfect. Her knees - clear of rash. Face - clear of rash. And her worst part, the elbows - at least a 60 percent improvement. Her hands are at least 60 percent improved as well.

I don't want to jinx us by getting too anxious with her vast improvements, but she has come so far in actually a short amount of time. Boy, are we blessed.

The increase in her cyclosporine really worked for her. The "poison", as I called it in the beginning, is the "magic" doing the job on the JDM. Thank God she never took the prednisone. Our doctor went with second line drugs to avoid the side effects of the prednisone. Some may disagree with this course of treatment. But I believe our doctor is a genius.

No comments: