Saturday, August 16, 2008

Neighborhood Coincidence

Trey made the football team. We are so proud. This is his first time to tryout for a team. Otherwise, he's only played on teams like travel, Dixie League or Youth League Football. Great job, Trey...we love you.

Madeline is still doing very good. In fact, we took her metho/cyclo combo last night and she even woke up early this Saturday morning. That's not her norm.

I had an interesting conversation yesterday evening when picking up Trey from practice. Another mom, who happens to live in our neighborhood, was updating me on her daughter's illness. She is six and had rheumatic fever this past spring (around the same time of Madeline's diagnosis). She was asking about Madeline, too, and when I began explaining to her the "rash" her mouth dropped. She explained that her son had a rash on his joints, knees, wrist, elbows, etc. He first started out with this rash and then her daughter had the same similar rash come up before the additional illness progressed. Her daughter ended up being transferred to New Orleans Children's Hospital and is doing great now. She is still on meds. Both her son and daughter were on prednisone. It just makes me wonder...just like she did...was it something in the water, dirt???? You can't help but wonder. Very odd coincidences.

Today is my birthday (me and Madonna, and not the virgin). The kids are wrapping my gifts as I type. The gift wrapping should turn out interesting. We have plans this evening, but otherwise it's been a nice quiet day. Happy Birthday to ME! :)

No comments: