Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sometimes you forget she is sick...and then you are reminded

Madeline took her methotraxate/cyclosporine Friday night and slept in until around 11 a.m. Saturday. She had one of her best friends spend the night with her and when the girls finally came down Madeline looked terrible. I don't mean in the red rash/fatigue since - it was the pale, dark/sunk in eyes, pasty look to her. Maybe my eye was drawn to her look and color since she and her friend were sitting next to each other and Emily has a colorful tan and full,healthy face. Or, is Madeline coming down with something?

She was also hot to touch. She does this often (there has to be some link to JDM and the hot flash feels she is experiencing) and I am constantly saying let's take your temperature....and she never has fever. Another note is when she is having a "red day" I will ask her how she is feeling and she answers me fine. I then get the look from her like why do you keep asking me that you crazy lady. I worry. She'll understand one day.

You sometimes forget Madeline is even sick, especially since she is so active, energetic and overall a happy child. But it's days like this that saddens me and reminds me how she is different from other children. You get reminded that she is sick and what I can't see from the outside happening to her, plenty is going on in her poor little body.

I hate this disease!

No comments: