Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Issues

Madeline looks good today. Her redness is not prominent at all. I just don't get this disease.

Madeline is having a few emotional issues though. She is an honor roll student and these past few weeks, her school work has not been at her normal level. Also, I noticed tonight that Madeline had "trimmed" her eyebrow. Yes, that is correct eyebrow. Not both of them - only one. I asked her why she did that to herself and she began crying. A few girls in her dance company told her to go look at her eyebrows. Of course they were implying they were bushy. She was trying to trim them herself. Breaks my heart.

At school classmates pick at her about how hairy she is. I keep telling her how beautiful she is, but I don't know how much longer she is going to believe me. Then we have the kids who call her a vampire because she has to wear sunblock or not be in the sun for too long. Her spirit keeps being broken.

I wish I knew what I could do to help her with the hair situation. I've thought bleaching (too extreme), trimming, laser..and then I realize doing something may make the situation worse.

Days like this just breaks my heart for her.

No comments: