Monday, December 29, 2008

Blog Hiatus

I've been on blog hiatus during the Christmas break. But I am back on the wagon effective today. Like most, we've been so busy with family, parties, shopping and more shopping. We did have a wonderful Christmas though. The kids got too much...like always. We ate too much...like always. And we spent too much...like always. And we lack from sleep. Christmas Eve the kids woke up at 2:30 a.m. to see what Santa left. We coached them back to bed immediately. Again, a 5 a.m. visit from them. Finally, a little after 7 a.m. we dragged ourselves out of bed.

Madeline's favorite gift from Santa was a vanity set. She can now sit down in her bedroom and apply make-up for hours. She thinks she looks like Sandy on Grease. Trey got a boat, and yes, it was in the living room Christmas morning.

Everyone has commented on how wonderful Madeline looks. They can't even tell she has any kind of rash or redness. She is acting like the Madeline they always knew. In fact, Christmas Eve at my parents house, all she did was dance in the living room. I used to tell her to stop, but not any longer. That baby can dance her heart out.

We went to the hospital today to have her blood drawn. Great experience this time. I handed picked our phlebotomist. It went easy as pie. We then headed over to the gift shop and I let Madeline get another Webkinz. I guess that adds to the collection of 126 Webkinz...not really, but we do have too many. She picked out a dolphin and named it uniquely Flipper.

We should get the results in a day or two. Of course, I will post the moment I get them.

No comments: