Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008...You are dead to me!

It' almost over. This dreadful year of ours called 2008. We are only a little over an hour away (CST) and I am so happy for 2009 to be here.

The year started out great with Madeline's birthday to Mardi Gras to then all of us trying to figure out why this rash was not going away on our baby girl. Then we were wondering why Madeline's emotions and temper were so altered. Then March 28 happened - the diagnosis.

My boss and a very good friend and mentor of mine was diagnosed with cancer the same week as Madeline. Sadly, he didn't win his battle and died this summer. I still miss him daily. He was a wondeful man.

Then, the hurricane happened...and hurricanes around here are really getting old. Oh, and the economy...ugh. I'm not even going there.

But, the good news: Madeline's health has improved. She is dancing, playing like a normal 9 year old. Rick is still the most wonderful man I know next to my daddy. And Trey makes us prouder every day with his wonderful accomplishments. We also have a wonderful family of support and a faithful group of friends and co-workers who constantly support and pray for us.

2008 is dead to me. Welcome 2009. And for God's sake please bring good health, happiness and love to my family and friends. And most of all bring remission to my baby girl.

Happy New Year!

No comments: