Saturday, July 5, 2008

Madeline is worse...

We did not have a good night Friday night. Madeline ended up crying herself to sleep due to how bad she was feeling. She couldn't swallow at all from her sore throat so she ended up either spitting when awake or drooling once asleep. She woke up still hurting very badly. She didn't want to talk, swallow, drink, eat and it even hurt for her to move her tongue. When I looked into her throat I knew what it was - Strep. She has red speckles all in her mouth and nice white fuzzies all in her throat. Her tonsils were so, so swollen. No wonder it hurt to talk or do anything else.

I ended up having to call a pediatrician taking call for our regular doc due to he being out to town. This was a pain. His nurse said to call our ped. rhem. to make sure what meds she could take. I had to page Dr. W and I felt terrible doing so...but that is what I am paying them all for. It just seems such a shame that I have to bother him. It was just an odd situation since our regular doc was out of town.

One good bit of information I received from Dr. W was that Madeline can take any meds necessary for her common childhood illnesses. Her meds/treatment will not be interfered. Good!

We received good ole' fashioned amoxicillin. She's already taken two pills and guess what...her throat has already improved 50%. Those antibiotics are good. Wish they worked on JDM.

No comments: