Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flexibility and Foundation

I just received a phone call from Madeline. She was excited to tell me she bent all the way down and held her hands flat on the ground. She has been stretching more and more lately wanting to get more limber...which is great for her. I don't know if her flexibility issues are from the JDM (which I somewhat suspect) or just dad's genes. Our son Trey (and dad) is not flexible AT ALL. Madeline is shaped just like them too - long and lanky. But the good thing is she is working on those stretches. Her dad doesn't know this, but I told her if she could get that stretch with her hands flat, we'd get her a cell phone. She deserves it anyway.

Madeline's face is really looking good, as well as her knees. Her poor little elbows still stink though. We didn't take her methotraxate on our normal Tuesday night. When we saw Dr. W we told him about the issue of being tired a day or two after her metho and he said to just change it to Friday nights. So that is what we are doing. We really should of done that from the start, but were so anxious for her to get started on her meds. I think this will help her w/ dance (Tuesday & Thursday nights) as well as CCD night (Wednesday). Plus, school is just around the corner...UGH!

Speaking of school...I just told Rick last night that I was going to bring Madeline to Dillard's to purchase foundation for Madeline's face. She had a tough time with classmates picking on her at school and I think this will help her..if we even or ever need it (she looks so much better). They have different makeups that individuals w/ rosacea use. It looks very natural and light. I know many of you may think this is ridiculous, but I don't care. Madeline has had enough to deal with this year. I don't need her confidence and spirit beaten down by classmates. She is now a confident girl, but at the end of this past school year she was really having a hard time with the picking. I'm going to do everything I can to keep my beautiful, smart, confident little girl.

No comments: