Thursday, July 31, 2008

School starts in 11 days

I can't believe the first day of school is in 11 days. Madeline is very excited and in fact already has her backpack ready to go. I wish I was as enthusiastic. Our parent/teacher meetings are next Thursday which makes me dread having to go through the whole story again about Madeline and her JDM. I hope we get a teacher who "gets it" and understands how important it is for her to communicate with us what is going on emotionally w/ Madeline as well as understanding the importance of sun protection. I also dread all of the "germs" she will encounter and what illnesses Madeline may acquire since her meds suppressive her immune system. Actually, I'm horrified of what she may get.

All we can do is use hand sanitizer, pray, swab neosporin in her nostrils, pray some more and hope there are no serious illnesses at our school. Either way, fourth grade...here we come.

And speaking of horrified...Trey starts Junior High...SCARY!

No comments: