Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pink Pointe Shoes

Madeline was recommended for pointe (ballet) this year. This is quite an honor considering she is only 9 years old. We are so proud. ;)

Last night, her dad and I brought her to her first class. She had to be fitted for her pointe shoes after, since we've been out of town on vacation. You would of thought it was Cinderella trying on the glass slipper, Madeline was smitten. Once we purchased them (which was sticker shock) she had to put them on. "They are beautiful and pink," she kept saying.

Needless to saw, when Rick and I went to bed last night I had to tell her to go put them up. She told me she can't wait until next Tuesday for pointe. I am so glad she loves it, plus it is so good for her. The more active she is, the better for her and her JDM.

We did take our metho last night. I just called to check on her and she is up...barely. Trey was barely up either...it's almost 11 a.m. Secretly, I'm jealous.

No comments: