Monday, June 23, 2008

Clay, pimples, hair and blood - got your attention?

Madeline is going to art camp this week. She can't go off to camp due to her illness and her brother Trey is going to the LSU baseball camp, so this is the next best thing. She had a great time on her first day. Her cousin Sarah is going with her, which she loves. They made clay ladybugs, snakes, people, and bugs today. Can't wait to see what they bring home Friday.

I jinxed myself last week mentioning how good Madeline looked. All of a sudden her rash is coming back on her chest and neck. She also has on the ridge of her nose (both sides) a raised rash. It almost appears as if she is trying to break out with pimples, which makes no sense.

Another thing I want to make mention of, that is always on my mind lately, is her gain of extra hair...yes, that is right...hair. She is a fuzzy little gal lately. I believe this is a side effect of her cyclosporine. She is only 9 so can't shave yet. Her eyebrows are also shooting out everywhere. But the part that shocks me the most is her back. Poor baby girl. At least she's not 13 having to deal with this.

Blood work...since our doctor is located in another state, he has to send an order to our pediatrician who then writes the order for the tests. This is our first time to do that, so I had to call their office today and set that up. I'm thinking to do these test next Monday since Madeline dances on Tuesday and Thursday. I don't want her test (specifically CPK, muscle enzyme) to be raised just because of her three hours of dance class. We will keep you posted.

No comments: