Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bribery can be a good thing

Madeline had a full day today. First, art camp w/ cousin Sarah. Second, she went with Aunt Christina to her classroom and played school. And third, danced for three hours. Madeline is on her competition team for dance and the parents got a sneak peek tonight of one of their new dances for the 2008-2009 competitions. They are dancing to "9 to 5". Of course, they've never heard this song before...but should be cute.

Madeline's flexibility is once again back. I guess the break between end of school year dance and summer classes she really tightened up. After dance tonight she was once again kicking those high kicks. I asked her if she felt like she was getting looser and she commented back to me "more and more each week". Wonderful.

We voted tonight where we want to compete/perform this year. I voted first to dance at Disney World, then I voted to attend a National Dance Competition (UDA) and last to dance on a cruise ship. I guess we are going somewhere - will keep you posted once the tallies are completed.

We go tomorrow to have blood drawn. Madeline doesn't know yet. We have her art show tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. and right after plan to get her blood drawn. Will let you know how that goes. I guess we'll be buying some kind of prize. I have no problems with bribery. :)

No comments: