Sunday, June 29, 2008

Creeping Crud/Advice needed

Madeline looks great. Her face rash is 90 % gone this weekend. I say this weekend, because I have learned what one day or span of days doesn't mean forever. My dad always called his rheumatoid arthritis the "creeping crud", now I know exactly what he means. One week her elbows can look terrible. Her face can look good. And her knees are completely clear. Then we wake up and she's as red as ever and her elbows are calmed down. Good analogy, daddy...the creeping crud.

We had another issue with children picking on Madeline. This is a tough one for her. On her last day of art camp they had an "art show". I noticed a little boy kept coming up to her saying something and she kept walking away. I finally asked her what was going on and she told me they went outside to look at the river so she put her hood over her head so she would be blocked from the sun. That little boy began calling her vampire. She always tries to explain to kids that she has a disease, etc. but it never works. They don't understand. It's very hard to not want to knock those kids in the head, but of course, they know no better. If you have any advice on this matter, I'd love to hear your thoughts. This is a tough one we've had to deal with.

In the long run, Miss Madeline is going to be a STRONG woman. Those "kids" better watch out. :)

No comments: