Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Great news!

We had our check up today in Texas. I knew Madeline was really doing well, but that always lingering concern stays with me. Someone explained having a sick child to me that was very fitting...it's like having a grand piano hanging over your head all the time but held onto by dental floss. Well, I think we now have rope holding up that piano.

Dr. W did the routine check of her skin, nails, knees, elbows, etc. He then did the routine strength, muscle tests, looked at her vitals, etc. He then turned to us and said, "I can't believe how well she has responded in such a quick time." I thought I was going to cry at that point. He then looked over her records more and pondered, pondered and said, "I think we are going to keep her on her meds for another three months. And if she is still doing as well as it seems, we'll begin to taper her meds"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!

Of course, he reminded us that it may just be the meds masking the disease, but it also may be the disease simmering out.

This has been the hardest nine months of my life and Rick's, but I am beginning to feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Are we heading to remission? May be too soon to say, but my momma gut tells me we are in the right direction.

Thank God!

No comments: