Thursday, November 6, 2008

When did she get JDM?

Still to this day I agonize on what caused Madeline to get JDM. With my type A personality, my mind ponders and ponders different situations which may of lead to this disease. One that comes quickly to mind is on our vacation summer of 2007 when I became ill with a virus. I was sicker than I'd been in a long time during that trip. I don't recall Madeline getting sick (very sick) like I was, but do recall she had the nose, cough going on. This was in June.

We ended up taking a second vacation that summer to Florida. We went mid - August. Madeline never burns and we always wore sunblock. But on this vacation she showed me that the skin was coming off her hands and feet. Not deep peeling, but more like dry skin exfoliating a lot. I didn't think very much about the skin, but now I wish I'd had.

My mommy gut tells me this was the beginning. It was three months later the redness on her face began. This was late November, early December.

I often wonder what would life for Madeline be today if we'd not gone to the Smokey Mountains. But then again, only God really knows.

No comments: