Thursday, November 13, 2008

Aching Heart

My heart is aching today. I follow the Cure JM site that is dedicated to children w/ myositis (JDM). On the blog today, I saw that one of the JM children had passed away. This young lady's blog was one of the first I read when Madeline was diagnosed. This just breaks my heart. I do not know this girl at all, but can somewhat comprehend the pain, love, concern and anguish she and her family dealt with for many years in regards to this disease.

Madeline is not near as ill as this young lady. At times, I feel guilty when chatting w/ other mothers or fathers whose children are much more ill.

But, I do count my blessings. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we do have a lot to be thankful for.

But tonight I recognize that Heaven just welcomed a new Angel and my prayers of strength and love float to the parents of this sweet girl.

No comments: