Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A syte in her eye

Madeline woke up this morning with a stye in her eye. This is her first ever. I looked up today what a syte is exactly and here is what I found:

Source allaboutvision.com
Styes are caused by staphylococcal bacteria. This bacterium is often found in the nose, and it's easily transferred to the eye by rubbing first your nose, then your eye.

Poor Madeline. I need to call her doc and get an ointment for the stye. Plus, I can't help but wonder if it could spread and with her weakened immune system we experience worse issues.

Of course, I picked at her and told her "you must of told a lie to have a stye." She responded quickly that she had not. I then had to explain to her what an old wise tale is. Speaking of wise tales...a co-worker told me to rub yellow gold on the stye. It's supposed to be the cure all of stye. I'm taking my ring off now. LOL

No comments: