Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving I am so grateful for…

being able to share our family’s story. I hope our story shared online with others is a source for you to grow hope, optimism and peace knowing there can be good outcomes with this disease.

I am so grateful for…

my wonderful and supportive husband who was especially strong at the beginning of our daughter’s diagnosis. He held me up for those first three to four months when I was living in a fog of depression and doubt.

I am so grateful for…

the talented and skillful physicians who diagnosed Madeline so quickly and developed a treatment plan that worked beautifully.

I am so grateful for…

being a mother to two incredible, beautiful, happy children who are growing up way too fast.

I am so grateful for…

my parents and in-laws who love us unconditionally, as well as our sisters, brothers and extended family and friends.

I am so grateful for…

our wonderful news that Madeline is on the course to remission.

I am so grateful for…

having the capabilities to provide for her care and in our small way assist with her healing process.

I am so grateful for…

God believing in Rick and I as parents - especially for the fact that he chose us as parents for a child who is ill.

I am so grateful for…

now seeing life differently.

I am so grateful!

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

Gobble! Gobble!

1 comment:

Summer said...

What a beautiful post! Your little Madeline is an inspiration to me beyond a doubt! When I have to take all these meds, injections, etc., I think of her and she makes me stronger! Who knows maybe someday we will meet and both be in Remission and walking the marathon for JDM!!

Thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog :0)!!
I am thankful for you to my new blogger friend! All the info you put on your blog helps me too! :0)

Kelcee and Greg are napping and I am watching the turkey... oh wait a minute...hmmmm I am supposed to be watching the turkey and I am blogging.... oops.... LOL

Happy Thanksgiving my new Blogger Friend....
GOBBLE GOBBLE
Summer