Monday, November 2, 2009

A Texas We Will Go...

We leave at 7 a.m. to head to Madeline's doctor appointment in Texas. It's amazing how easy these appointments have become. I can remember the nausea that would set in and anticipation that would worry me the entire drive to his office. Now, it's not too bad. Especially since Madeline is doing so well.

Madeline's doctor is a pediatric rheumatologist at Texas Children's Hospital. I've always referred to him on the blog as Dr. W. At our last visit, he decreased her cyclosporine to 1 cc vs. her former 2.5 cc. This decrease began in September. As of today's date, we see no change in Madeline. She is doing really well. She still takes her methotraxate, 10 mg, each Saturday.

It will be interesting to see what he thinks. I don't believe he will decrease her meds any more tomorrow and we are okay with that. Slow and steady...slow and steady.

Wish us luck and say a little prayer for Madeline. I'll give an update when we get back.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Done! Ya'll are always in our prayers, I'll just say a bigger one for ya today! :0)
I still have the whole nausea and anticipation set in everytime we drive 7 hrs to my Dr. and Johns Hopkins! It's a relief to hear it does get a little easier with time! I am glad little Madeline is doing so well and I hope ya'll are well on your way to the big "R" (remission)!!!!
Have a safe trip! :0)
Summer