Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Going strong!

Madeline needs to have her blood work done again. With school in session, kids are already beginning to get sick. I have one friend whose daughter has confirmed swine flu and another today who said her daughter has the flu, but doc did not test for swine. Horrifies me to think what fall will bring!!!

Madeline is still looking, feeling good. It's been a little over a month now, but I need to give her a good check over of her hands, ankles, chest, etc. I've not heard her mention any changes with her skin...which is good. But, I like to confirm that with my own eyes. I guess it makes me feel better. :)

1 comment:

Summer said...

I betcha you are real concerned with the S1N1 virus swarming around. You probably are aware of this but the H1N1 trial vaccine was set to launch on August 10th and should be ready for approval early fall. The foundations I get literature from says the value of vaccines immunization reduces risks of infection which is of utmost importance with people with auto-immune diseases. They are saying if you do get one with all the immune suppressants we are on to make sure it is a "killed" virus vaccine and not a "live" virus vaccine... I have 3 autoimmune diseases.. My biggy is Dermatomyositis... but I have a little Lupus and a little RA also... The lupus blog I got this info from is http://lfa-inc.blogspot.com I hope this helps.. I am glad my little one isn't old enough to start pre-school yet... I would be as horrified as you are...
Summer :0)