Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mr. Sun

The first week out of school is going great. Between the kids spending the night away, sleeping in late and eating everything in the house, all is normal. Madeline is feeling well and we go to Texas Tuesday. I have to bring her tomorrow to have her blood drawn. I guess we've been so busy I hadn't noticed we were past the due date again.

I've made a big step this summer. I am relaxing somewhat with Madeline being out in the sun during peak hours. Last year, I was somewhat extreme about this. But to my defense, she was too. It hurt her skin and made her feel terrible to be outside. This no longer is true. She can handle the heat, her skin does not hurt and no rash has returned. We will wear sunblock and hats though. We all need to do that.

The best part of this...it makes her feel normal again. For me the best part...it makes me realize she is doing great.

No comments: