Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 2 with the Flu

Okay, day two with the flu stunk. Madeline is still running fever, but it's hanging around 101 degrees now. Her mood is good to bad depending if and when the ibuprofen is running off. The worst part was it was Saturday night so that meant taking her cyclosporine as well as her methotraxate. And now we had to add the temiflu to the mix. She took her temiflu, then the cyclosporine, then her methotraxate. Just as she finished her last sip...I knew what was about to happen by the look of her face. The poor thing projectile vomited everything she'd just drank right into the kitchen sink. Thank God her daddy was there to help for I thought I was about to be right with her. After just a few moments she said she felt so much better. Poor baby.

But, this also brings the next question (which I will ask Tuesday when we go to Texas for her appointment). What do you do in that situation? Do you re-give her the meds or just don't worry about it? I know everything she just took ended up in my kitchen sink (which, by the way, was bleached thoroughly). We didn't give it to her though. She and her stomach could not had handled it.

No comments: