Monday, May 18, 2009

Pre-Teen

Madeline had her positive behavior party at school today. Her dad and I went to volunteer at lunch. It was a perfect day - 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. This cooler weather is very welcomed since we were already hitting mid-90s last week.


I was so proud of Madeline. She had her sun block already on and then reapplied mid way through the party. While I was driving back to work I couldn't help but reminisce on how far we've come. This time last year she was experiencing stomach pains, nausea from the meds, temper tantrums, the itchy rashes, tiredness and on top of everything being picked on by classmates.

It's hard to believe school will be out in three days and I will have a 5th grader. One thought that came to me while driving was Madeline mentioning that all her JDM will be gone by the time she is 12. Maybe this little girl knows what she's talking about. I am so hopeful.


We had a great 4th grade year. She is becoming such a little lady - or better yet a pre-teen as she announced yesterday. She never lets her JDM get in her way. And I am so proud of her for that.


Oh - and she made the competition team for dance again. Tryouts were Saturday and she did great. Go Madeline!!!

No comments: