Monday, April 6, 2009

Drama

We had drama this weekend at our house.

We woke up Saturday morning since Madeline had to be at a meeting at 8 a.m. and then dance from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. The boy's had baseball...so hectic day. As I was leaving the house I mentioned to Rick that last night Madeline's cyclosporine was empty and needed refilled. I asked him to take care of it and I'd pick up the script. Well, long story short...the pharmacy didn't have any in stock. Nor did the over 10 - 15 pharmacies in town. Rick even tried Lafayette, no luck. Rick and I had phone calls going back and forth trying to figure out what to do. I was in a panic! He was too. We have NEVER missed a dose and I felt so guilty for dropping the ball on her refills.

So, Madeline has not had her cyclosporine for two days now. The pharmacy assured us we would have it today (Monday). I don't really know what I expected by her not taking the meds, but I sure the heck didn't want to have her affected by my lack of filling her meds. Oh, the guilt...it's terrible.

No comments: