Friday, September 25, 2009

Update on Princess Madeline

I am terrible. I've dropped the ball and not updated Madeline's blog. So many of you have sent notes worrying about her. Thanks for caring.

She is better. It took 10 days (9 days straight w/ fever) to get over the flu. Her rash is healing. The pits have healed nicely, just hope there are no scars. I do not believe the rash is JDM related, but due to the illness. Now, don't get me wrong. If my healthy son had the same illness, I do not believe he would had reacted like she did with the longevity or rash. But who knows. I'm just glad she is back at school...which she missed way too much of...back at dance....which she missed over two weeks worth...and back to being a happy, well little 10 year old.

This illness scared Rick and I. I've never had either of my children sick for this long. Even my son who had meningitis got over the illness faster than this.

But all is now good in Madeline's world today. She's well, dancing and playing w/ friends. And, she got her first report card for the school year and almost made straight A's. She missed it by one point! But we are still SO proud of her. What an amazing little princess.

1 comment:

Summer said...

GREAT NEWS!!!! Thanks for giving us an update.... I am sooo glad she is doing better.... :0)
What a proud mama with a Straight A student.... How great is That! Hope she does well in dance :0)
Summer