Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 6 and we still have fever!

I am almost in panic mode. Madeline has now had fever for 6 straight days. I've decided that if she still has fever tomorrow (after also taking a z-pack) I'm calling our local pediatric infectious disease physician for an appointment. Our pediatrician is nice, but not as aggressive as I'd prefer. Plus, the doctors' offices are packed with kids with flu, mono, strep and that's that last place I want to bring her right now.

I'm trying to not worry, but I can not help it. She has never had a constant fever, that's very high at times, for this long. Neither of my kids have ever done this. She has now missed a week of school and I can't even imagine how she will get caught up. But then again, who cares. I just want her well.

She seems more congested today. Her nose, head is very stuffy. When she does not have fever, she's in good spirits. She freezes constantly though - with or without fever. And her arm and chest rash still looks bad.

I guess I am rambling...but I'm concerned.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Girl ya have every right to ramble... That's your baby and your concerned! If the rash is on the chest and arm it could be consistent with Dermatomyositis rash... Does she have swine flu???? Was that confirmed yet???? I would sooo call another doc to and get a second opinion if she still has a fever... I hope she gets over this stuff soon... Is she still taking her immune suppressants or are they on hold for now??? I will be prayin for ya'll and hope for a speedy recovery... Hang in there... Your a great Momma....

Summer said...

How is little miss Madeline doing??? I hope she is over her fever and rash by now... Still praying for ya'll for a speedy recovery and some much needed R&R...
Summer :0)

Lesli said...

I hate it that Madeline is so sick,I hope she starts to feel better soon and will keep her in my prayers. Did you find out if it is the swine flu or not? The flu is sooo bad, I know we will be spending many days at home this winter!!

Summer said...

How is Madeline doing???? I haven't seen a post for awhile and I was wondering if she was getting any better? Was it confirmed she had swine flu? Hang in there... I'll keep praying...
Summer :0)