Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm at the hospital


Well, today's the day. I didn't sleep much last night for I had to pack to stay at the hospital through the duration of the storm. I'm nervous leaving Rick and the kids. I know Rick will take perfect care of them, but being separated is tough. I hope lines of communication stay open so I can speak to them through the duration.
We've been hit hard with patients at the hospital - NICU, PICU, ICU diversion. The ER is packed and we have a medical needs shelter located next door to us. Since we are this busy now, I can only guess how nuts it will be come tomorrow. For those of you who do not know, I am a vice president at a hospital. My main responsibilities include public relations, marketing and business development. I'm also the hospital spokesperson. I started doing media interviews and sending releases yesterday. In situations like this, I also do whatever else is necessary.
I plan to take pics through the "event" to post online. I should have computer access here since we at the hospital have back up generators. Wish us luck!

No comments: