Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm a bad mother...

Madeline had a rough night last night. She woke up crying with a bad ear ache.

I brought Madeline to see our ENT - Dr. W (not to be confused w/ our rheumatologist). Poor thing, her ear is very infected and bulging. Dr. W was shocked she was not in more pain. She also has a sinus infection, throat, chest...well you get the idea. I also learned a new lesson. Dr. W said with Madeline's condition if she does not improve in five days to call him immediately for an appointment. With her suppressed immune system she does not need to wait so long for a prescription of an antibiotic. I feel like a terrible mother.

She was given mucinex D, cefdinir 300 mg twice a day and prednisone 20 mg one a day for four days. That should do the trick...I hope.

The trooper she is Madeline still went to pointe tonight. We then went to watch Trey and Daddy at football practice. I hope she sleeps better tonight. She obviously has a high pain tolerance.

No comments: