Friday, April 11, 2008

We didn't have to tell her/medications


One gift Dr. W did for us was telling Madeline that she had a disease. Amazingly, she handled better than any of us. She told him, "well I am so glad you know what this is, I was tired of going to doctors".

I only wish Rick and I could have her mannerism. Maybe we will learn a thing or two from her.

Rick went to the pharmacy to fill her meds today. They do not keep the liquid for of cyclosporine A around (again, rare). Luckily, our neighbor was the pharmacist on duty so Rick explained to him what is going on. He said he'd order us a three month supply. We will not have the drugs until next week.
I thought I'd add a picture of Madeline at her 9th birthday party (with Lulu). This is when I started thinking something is not right. Her birthday is in January. It was around 70 degrees on this day, but not near as hot as she looked. Her face stayed this red for around three to four days after her birthday. It calmed down, but never completely went away. At this point, it did not hurt her.

No comments: