Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April - What do we tell our baby?

How do you tell a perfectly healthy, beautiful little girl she is sick. I had no idea how hard that would be. It felt as if we were lying to her by telling her we have to go to another doctor about her rash. Deep down I think she knew more was going on. Neither one of us wanted to acknowledge it maybe. Rick and I discussed and discussed how to handle this, but nothing came to us. It was even hard to tell family and friends for it seemed every time we spoke about it - it again made it real. I wanted it to go away.

I don't know if we did the right thing, but it was what we had to do - protect our baby. And honestly, all we did know is that we were going to another doctor to find out about her rash. Madeline's dad and I were still a little hopeful this nightmare would be just that - a nightmare, an incorrect diagnosis, a fluke.

No comments: