Monday, July 12, 2010

Bumps

Madeline has boil like bumps on her legs. I'm doctoring them closely with the hopes this is not staph. It started out with three on her thigh, but has now increased to around 10 - 12 on both legs. Plus, she has one on her face that I'm not sure if it's a "pre-teen pimple" or the same boil like bump on her legs. As Madeline said last night, "Mom, neosporin and I are getting really close - we're like peas and carrots". Gotta love humor combined with a little Forrest Gump.

I'll take a picture tonight and post. Any insight appreciated.

2 comments:

Erika Bradford said...

Oh yikes! Done any swimming lately? do the bumps itch? This is difficult with JDM kids. Anything new and bells and alarms start going off. Back in the fall my son got a unknown rash that was small dots on the palms of his hands and then slowly progressed up to his mouth, nose, and eyes. Months of shrugging from the rheumatologists, I emailed Dr. Rider. She called me and said go to the dermatologist see what he says. At that point I focused on a small paragragh in the Myositis and You Book. To sum it up it says, there are many manifestations of jdm rashes that have yet to be identified. The dermatologist did in fact say it was a Jdm rash. So an increase in everything and changing to Rituxan, that rash is gone. I know that the bumps are not similar to this but I thought I would just put that b in your bonnet.

Summer said...

Hmmmm I know with me that even with sunscreen if I am flaring sometimes I will get a raised rash and it will burn and itch like crrraazzzy! I have never got a boil with it before! My mi-mi is a nurse and I will ask her if staph can cause boils but I am thinking staph spreads from an open wound! Ya know this is just a thought but does she shave her legs by chance? Sometimes ingrown hairs will get inflamed and cause a boil....especially with all the meds we are on....I have had that happen before....

I will pray that all is well and that she gets healed with Neosporin quick quick....

LOL about the peas and carrots....that is just funny....tell Madeline she made me laugh right out loud

xoxo
Summer :0)