Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 11th birthday baby girl!!!



Yes, it's Princess Madeline's birthday. She is officially 11 years old. She's now 5' 1" tall and wearing a size 8 shoe. She's only two inches away from me! Wow...why do they have to grow up?

Like each year, I brought cupcakes for her class. Everyone sang happy birthday to her and she blushed, of course. This evening Madeline wanted to go out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We surprised her with a Lulu (her toy poodle) cake. The staff came out screaming and yelling to everyone in the restaurant that it was Madeline's birthday. Then, everyone sang happy birthday to her. She cried. I didn't expect that. I then cried. My sweet, sweet girl. We surprised, no shocked her. But she loved it.

Each birthday I can't help but recall the first time I googled Madeline's disease. The first site I found was on a child with JDM being granted their "Make a Wish" gift. Of course, I was devastated and determined this was not our course (I'm somewhat of a control freak). Now, I am very optimistic and I KNOW she is going to be in remission one day soon. She WILL have a full life and achieve each and every dream she can fathom. And most of all...I know this little girl is going to be stronger due to this illness.

Today was a beautiful, crisp day....just like the day she was born 11 years ago. Today I celebrate the birth of my beautiful baby girl. But now, I also celebrate her life and the wonderful, happy, beautiful things that are to come to her in the future.

Happy Birthday, Madeline. Your daddy and I love you more than you'd ever know. We are so proud of you and honored God gave you to us to take care of forever and ever.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Happy 11th Birthday Madeline!! OMG she looks older than 11! She is so cute! WOW what a lucky little girl! My Me-Maw who raised me always suprised me with cupcakes for the whole class too! I always loved that :0)

That Lulu poodle cake is to cute! Did you make that? I love it....
Awwww she cried tears of joy....then you cried tears of joy.....What a precious day!

I to remember when I first googled DM and I was DETERMINED this disease was not going to defeat me! Madeline and I both will be in REMISSION real soon!

I am so glad I have met you through "BLOGLAND"! You have been such a help to me :0)

Oh and Madeline....
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Madeline, Happy Birthday to you..... And MANY MORE :0)

xoxo
Summer