Monday, December 14, 2009

Over the month mark

It's now been over a month that Madeline's cyclosporine has been eliminated. So far - all is good. Yesterday she mentioned to me her hands were very dry and her wrist was itching. I inspected thoroughly, but didn't see any evidence of JDM...just dry skin. Guess that panic feel will never leave me. Her methotraxate does still continue though. Still 10 mg once a week.

Madeline and I attended her Dance Company Christmas Party last night. We ate, had an ornament game, fellowship and then the dance soloist who plan to compete in January performed for the group. Madeline is one of those soloist. She did beautifully. I did all I could not to cry. I'm going to try to upload it to the site. Hopefully I can so you can see how wonderful she did.

How blessed we are she can still dance. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Summer said...

That's great that she did sooo well at her Dance Christmas Party! Try to upload it.... I would love to see.... it's great to hear she is still able to do what she likes inspite of the cards she was dealt!
I don't know if this will help any but I have noticed in the winter having DM I get severe dry skin.... I use Cetaphil and Lay it On Thick from B & B works! It helps alot....and then sometimes I get skin flares too and then I need steroid creams.... I bet she just has dry skin.... I know it's easier said than done.... try not to worry!
Summer :0)