Monday, March 9, 2009

What are those stripes?

Madeline had a friend spend the night Saturday. They were playing beauty shop when I had to interrupt them for her to take her medicine. Of course, we then have to go through the process of explaining to the friend why she is taking the medicine, etc. Normally, Madeline is more than happy to explain her disease. And this time was no different.

Except...then her friend asked me what she had on her back. I, looking puzzled, lifted the back of her shirt. I saw nothing. I asked her again, what do you see. She said, "the stripes". I realized then she was talking about the hair on her back. Madeline busted out crying. We ended the tears with laughter in around two minutes, but it still breaks my heart that she has "all of this" built up in her still.

I asked her last night why she cried so hard about that comment from her friend. Her answer..."Momma, I thought I was done with all that".

I wish baby, I wish.

No comments: