Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Optimism

Madeline and I were watching one of our favorite channels the other day - discovery health. She has a real interest in healthcare and I do as well since it's my profession. While watching, she turned to me and asked..."could my kids have my disease?" She surprised me with her question. At first, I wanted to lie to her. But that's not fair or right. So I told her the truth - yes. But I also told her that chance is so tiny she never needs to worry about that happening.

Of course, in optimistic Madeline fashion her comment back to me was..."It's okay if they do have it, because I know what to do and what medicines to take. It's okay if they have it, it's no big deal." And that was the end of the conversation. She was satisfied...and so was I.

No comments: